Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘torre in pietra’


The Palidoro Villa is really fine furnished with a large private garden outside and a spacious living-room with kitchen inside.
The villa is available up to 4 persons. Basic price for 1  or 4 persons (for the whole apartment) 60,00 euro/day. Inside there are 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms located one on the land floor and the second on the second floor.
The position of this villa is just 200mt. far from the railway station Torre in Pietra-Palidoro.
To reach this station by train from Rome, it’s possible to start from Termini Station or Trastevere Station, and in 25 minutes you can reach this accommodation.
If you use a car, take from Rome the Via Aurelia, direction for  Torre in Pietra. The villa has a large free park just attached with it.
This villa is the best solution for people who like to spent summer holidays or people that have to stay closed with Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù for healt reasons about child. Infact the hospital Bambino Gesù is just 4,9 km. far from the villa.
The beachside is just 4 km.far and it’s really amazing with a likely white sand. Along the beachside you will find restaurants and bath-house just organized for kids facilities. 

Direct booking by credit card at: http://www.romahappydays.com/palidoro-villa/
Italian Version (pagina web in Italiano): http://www.romahappydays.com/ospedale-pediatrico-bambino-gesu/

Advertisements

Read Full Post »


Going away from Rome following the North direction, you will arrive at the medieval Village of Ceri, settled on a tufaceous spur of volcanic origin. Its ancient houses facing the tiny central square, tightened around both the Sanctuary of the Virgin Mary and the austere Palace of the noble family Torlonia. A context of  historic and naturalistic interest forms the background of this charming agricultural settlement.
Its typical sceneries, its precious wines and its traditional cooking are all expressions of the Mediterranean flavours of the Maremma Laziale.
Ceri is to be considered as a starting point for noteworthy itineraries, starting from the castles along the seaside of Palo and Santa Severa, ending up at the fortress of Michelangelo and the harbour of Civitavecchia; from the Etruscan necropolis of Cerveteri to the thermal springs; from the naturalistic oasis of Palo and the mountains of Tolfa to the hot springs of Manziana.
Not so far from the borough, about 3 km, there are the beaches of Palidoro, San Nicola and Ladispoli that facing along the Tyrrhenian sea.

Read Full Post »


The Castle presents itself as a fortified village – with its watchtowers, moat and enclosure wall – clearly testifying to its giargino-gardenmedieval origin. In 1254, it was originally listed as one of the properties belonging to the Nobles Normanni Alberteschi, but was first passed on to the Anguillara Family, then to the Massimo, and finally, in the 17th century, it can be found as part of the Peretti Estate. At the beginning of the 17th century, Prince Michele Peretti, nephew of Pope Sixtus the Fifth, turned the place into a great and imposing courtly residence. The Castle became the setting of magnificent banquets and hunting parties, while multicolored peacocks roamed through archeological ruins and juniper trees. But the family estate was soon run dry by this extravagant way of life and so, in 1639, the estate and the castle were sold to one of the hall-salonewealthiest Roman families of the Baroque Era, the Princes Falconieri. They commissioned two of the time’s greatest artists to refurbish Torre in Pietra. Architect Ferdinando Fuga – who built the small octagonal church and the elegant staircase 
 that  leads  to the first floor (“piano nobile”) and that could also board horses – and the painter Pier Leone Ghezzi, who was assigned with the decoration of the Interiors. The castle, as it presents itself to us today, is how it was at the time of the Falconieri Family. The frescoes are perfectly preserved: we can still witness the celebrations that took place during the 1725 Jubilee Year, when churchAlessandro Falconieri commissioned Ghezzi to decorate the first floor with scenes depicting Pope Benedict the Thirteenth’s visit to the castle. He also frescoed the side altar walls of the beautiful octagonal church. During the second half of the 19th century, the Falconieri Family dies out and for Torre in Pietra it’s the beginning of a period of decline. But in 1926, Senator Luigi Albertini bought the property with his son Leonardo and son-in-law Nicolò Carandini, and started the land reclamation work of the agricultural estate that was famous at the time and a model for the rest of Europe, and the restoration of the castle, church and village.

The Church inside the Castle.
Work of the renowned architect Ferdinando Fuga the Church is a jewel of the first half of ‘700: inside there is a scroll ornament and two frescoes which are the work of Pier Leone Ghezzi. Seating: up to 150 persons.

The Garden of the Castle.
Inside the main courtyard, two large meadows are fenced by a hedge of boxwood and in the centre of it there is a fountain of the ‘600s shaded by secular trees. The Area 2.500 m²  . Table seating up to 500 persons.

Tourist informations:
Inside the Castle it’s possible to buy wine, cheese and olive oil directly produced from the owner’s farmland.

Address: Castello di Torre in Pietra – Piazza Torrimpietra 2  – 00050 Torrimpietra – (Roma) 
Call:+39.06.61.69.72.26
Web Site: http://www.castelloditorreinpietra.it/

Read Full Post »