The history of the company Gentilini is the story of a small workshop that has become well established in the national and international scene , thanks to the genuine passion of the family Gentilini and the continuous quest for quality.
The promoter is Pietro Gentilini . He was born in Vergato , in 1856. He has worked for major companies where he could enrich his education and his professionalism . After these experiences , he moved to Rome, where in 1890 he founded his first shop for the production of bread and biscuits.
During this period he produced the first type of cookie called Oswego which became very popular in Italy . Peter immediately realized the potential of this cookie and wanted to find a better recipe for this cookie and personalized . After several attempts , he managed to produce a cookie with a taste simple and natural, but only one, and called it Osvego , so as to differentiate it from Oswego who was already on the market.
These cookies were a great success and in 1906 Pietro Gentilini built his first biscuit factory in Via Alessandria in Rome’s industrial emerging economic recovery in Rome.
In 1958 , due to increased production demands , the company moved to its current location , situated in Via Tiburtina .
Today there are many products in addition to Osvego with successful products , such as Novices , biscuits, delicious shortbread cookies , panettone and Roman Delight loved for their authenticity.
Photo Gallery of the products:
The authenticity and genuineness that is in recipes and in the production process has remained unchanged for over a century. In fact, the passion for quality , while maintaining the traditional tastes and respect for tradition are always the basic rules of business Gentilini .