Roma Express is a transport by train really new and useful for people arriving in Civitavecchia Port by cruising ship such as Costa Crociere , Msc Crociere, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, P&O, Holland Cruise Line, Norvegian Cruise Line and so on. After disembarkation (assisted by Ground Operator) you will reach Rome from Civitavecchia Port by private Train “Rome Express” a private, comfortable, fast and luxury train, the new and exclusive way for cruise guests to discover the eternal city. Enjoy a ride through the marvellous countryside delighted by classical music.
You’ll assisted by an escort who will help you on board of train and will hand out city-maps.
The train will stop in St. Peter’s Station, near the town centre so that it will be easy for you to reach the main monuments. You have to bear in mind the place where you are dropped off because the train will leave for Civitavecchia from the same station. Roma Express will take you back to Civitavecchia. A courtesy service may be offered on board under request.
It’s possible to have special solutions adding some tours in Rome with the transfer of Rome Express.
The technical data of the train are:
- 5 Self-propelled Cars (rail coaches)
- 380 seats – 2 engines per car (280 hp each)
- Maximum speed: 90 miles/h
- Maximum security standards – Maximum safety standards
- 1 compartment with 40 seats
- 1 compartment with 36 seats
- 1 toilet – Facility for hospitality services
- Indipendent sound system in each compartment
- American standard air conditioning