Built in the early 19th century by the architect Valadier. Later on other portions of land were purchased in order to extend the park, which was landscaped by the garden architect A.Jappelli. The villa then becam private residence of Mussolini from 1925-43; after WWII used as the headquarter of the Anglo-American command in Rome. The garden contains many exotic plants and large trees. A new museum has opened in the Casina delle Civette, remarkable for its stained glass windows.